Construction Estimator/Junior Estimator
Reports to: Chief Estimator
- Read, understand and apply project specifications to job cost estimate.
- Initiate and maintain constructive relationships with vendors and subcontractors.
- Draft, release and enforce project scopes of work through bidding process.
- Research and scout potential manufacturing locations.
- Prepare quantitative take-off calculations.
- Prepare project submittal documents for client review.
- Maintain communication with client throughout bidding process.
- Develop project schedule.
- Analyze cost implications of various project scenarios and strategies.
- 3+ years in related field.
- General construction and manufacturing knowledge.
- Experience working with General Contractor preferred.
- Precast background helpful.
- B.S. degree preferred.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Must work well in team and group situations.
- Strong computer skills, particularly MS Excel, are a must.
- Willingness to do some travel (10% – 20%).
- Well organized.
- Ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines.
- A working knowledge of CADD or Revit and MS Project is a plus.
RW is an Equal Opportunity Employer